Two Application Recommendations: Chromer and XNViewXNView (scroll down on the website for the freeware link).
Short form: If you ever work with a lot of images - say, a collection of your backgrounds, or a lot of icons, or something like that - then it's well worth the time to install XNView free on your system. You can get XNView at http://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/
Chromer. It's a little hard to describe why you want this, but I'll quote the devs:
Hows is using chrome custom tabs advantageous?
Using chrome custom tabs you have the following advantages
• Minimal distractions from the app you are using.
• Pages load faster relatively.
• You don't need to login to websites again.
• Your forms are auto filled if you have auto fill enabled.
• You can use chrome's data saver feature.
• Your browsing experience is secure with latest security updates! Other browser apps using in-built webview can be prone to security and performance issues. If you are below 5.0 definitely consider chromer!
Compared to normal chrome?
With Chromer, you are essentially loading a light weight version of chrome that is fast and designed for the sole purpose of displaying webpages quickly. You can always Menu - Open in chrome to open the page in chrome and enjoy all features like bookmarks, history and multi-tab browsing!
So the short form is this: When you click a link in Gmail (or any other app), it loads a completely separate tab quickly and easily. It accesses your saved passwords, but doesn't overwrite (or add) tabs to whatever else you've already got going on. It, too, is free, so if you're running Android, it's worth swinging by and giving it a try. You can get Chromer at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=arun.com.chromer&hl=en