Event: Digital, Self, Traditional, Services, and Scams: What Kind of Publishing is Right for You? - FREE 6:30PM MONDAY
October 12, 2013I am presenting my talk "Digital, Self, Traditional, Services, and Scams: What Kind of Publishing is Right for You?" at the main Dayton Metro Library at 6:30pm on the 14th. From the official description:
Dizzying choices of the modern publishing landscape can confound any writer. Published author Steven Saus will shed some light on the subject. He'll help you understand a variety of options and help you avoid scams to keep you from getting ripped off.
This is going to be a high-level overview designed for people with no experience, but I'm leaving lots of time for folks to ask detailed questions afterward.
My goals for the talk are to make the audience:
- Familiar with formats and technology
- Familiar with current models of publishing
- Familiar with scams (and how to avoid them)
- Familiar with major storefronts
- Familiar with arguments about piracy
- Familiar with pricing conventions
- Have the background to be able to answer if they should ePublish,self-publish, etc