Things I Learned From Jury Duty
1. Having your attorney compare throwing eggs at a house with littering does not help your case.
2. Nobody's a "good guy" in these court cases. It's uncomfortably close to Judge Judy. And much less fun.
3. It doesn't matter if the guy's a dick, if you're caught retaliating, you're the one screwed, not him.
4. There are some people whom I was really, really glad were NOT on the jury with me. (Yes, I'm looking at you, "Guy who admitted administering vigilante justice while in the courtroom" and "Guy who couldn't remember which felony conviction he was on probation for."
5. Keeping jurors until 8pm so it's just "one day" only leads to pissed off jurors. Attorneys - you do not want this.
6. It is bad for a juror to laugh at counsel's stupid-ass argument in open court. (Sorry, judge!)
And now I still have to go to the day job in less than nine hours. ARRGH.